CHANNEL MANAGER / DIRECTOR of STRATEGIC SALES
Element Critical is seeking a Channel Manager / Director of Strategic Sales professional to join our sales team. This role is a hybrid-sales role encompassing strategic business development, channel alignment/field execution, and strategic pursuits. The primary focus of the position is to identify, recruit, and manage an assigned account base of indirect sales partners that generate revenue by executing channel programs to sell new and existing company services to business to business clients.
Element Critical owns and operates data centers in the Wood Dale suburb of Chicago, Illinois, Northern Virginia and in the heart of Silicon Valley in Sunnyvale, California. Our Tier III hybrid IT ready facilities are carrier-neutral, network-rich, concurrently maintainable, and available in a variety of deployment sizes and densities. Element Critical cares as much about the people we serve as the servers we house. We offer a data center experience that brings solutions engineering and customer service out of the shadows and into the spotlight. Element Critical is powered by our people. And we would like to invite you to join us.
Element Critical is a well-funded, fast-paced organization that is seeking to make several acquisitions over the next few years and develop into a very strong national player with an eye towards international expansion. Led by a team of savvy and experienced executives with a history of success, this is an opportunity to get involved near the ground level and grow exponentially with a company that is poised to execute.
LOCATION AND REPORTING
The ideal candidate will be based in one of the company’s three markets – Northern Virginia, Northern California, or Chicago and will report directly to the VP of Sales or similar position.
- Manage and generate new relationships with key master and sub-agents within this territory
- Have an established Rolodex of channel partner and nationally known system integrator contacts that can be leveraged quickly for revenue-bearing opportunities
- Work/partner directly with existing EC Direct Sales team members to ensure relationships are built and followed through at the field level
- Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals set by the leadership team through aggressive prospecting and selling
- Create account plans and strategies to win new business from existing partners, customer presentations, and coordinate with internal groups (sales engineering, product, etc.) during the sales process
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and RFP responses
- Develop new sales pipeline in designated account base by working with partners to identify new sales opportunities Recruit new partners into the partner program
- Coordinate and deliver training and on-boarding programs for Partners to ensure sales readiness for company products and processes, including product and systems training
- Oversee the development of sales collateral and materials for use with channel partners
- Develop and execute social media strategy with key partners to promote EC’s brand to their sub-agents
- Provide accurate and detailed weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities to meet or exceed quota requirements. Required use of EC’s CRM system for Channel data collection
- Provide support to the EC sales team on proposals and assist agents (when needed) in managing their customers and prospects through the sales process
- Ability to work with operations/engineering to qualify customers cabinet and cage layouts, rack and cable management components, fiber optic cables, and network equipment including fuse/breaker panels, and fiber distribution panels (FDP’s)
- Grow revenue by penetrating targeted sub-agents within EC’s primary markets (SV, VA, CH) through active prospecting/networking
- Identify alternative partners (carriers, brokers, consultants, etc.) and establish new relationships while maintaining existing ones
- Collaboratively work as part of a team while concurrently performing as an individual
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in an autonomous environment is key to this role
- Hands-on self-starter with demonstrated drive and ambition
- Excellent communicator, confidently articulating complex analysis and solutions
- Highest ethical and professional conduct and integrity
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task across projects
- 5+ years of experience in account management or client service, ideally including 2+ years in a data center environment
- Ability to communicate, present to, and influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Advanced problem-solving skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Proven success of building strong relationships and partnerships with large master agents
- Minimum of intermediate understanding of company financial measures and advanced understanding of the data center industry and indirect sales model
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, marketing, or related field required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions
To be considered for this position, please send your resume to Catherine Gilbert, [email protected].