OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN – AUSTIN
Element Critical owns and operates data centers in the heart of Silicon Valley in Sunnyvale, California, Wood Dale Illinois (a suburb of Chicago), Northern Virginia and Texas. Our Tier III hybrid IT ready facilities are carrier-neutral, network-rich, concurrently maintainable and available in a variety of deployment sizes and densities. Element Critical cares as much about the people we serve as the servers we house. We offer a data center experience that brings solutions engineering and customer service out of the shadows and into the spotlight.
Element Critical is powered by our people, and we would like to invite you to join us.
Element Critical is a well-funded, fast paced organization that is seeking to make several acquisitions over the next few years and develop into a very strong national player with an eye towards international expansion. Led by a team of savvy and experienced executives with a history of success, this is an opportunity to get involved near the ground level and grow exponentially with a company that is poised to execute. More information about the Company can be found on its website at https://elementcritical.com.
Element Critical is seeking to add an Operations Technician to the operations team in the Company’s Austin, Texas data center.
8025 North Interstate Hwy 35, Austin, TX 78753
The following represent some of the responsibilities that will be assigned to the Operations Technician:
1) Act as subject matter expert for completing service order installation and network circuit troubleshooting.
2) Perform installation of cage, cabinets, ladder rack, and fiber tray.
3) Perform installation, termination, testing and labeling of cross connects including CAT5, COAX, and fiber.
4) Perform remote and smart hands services for clients including hardware installation, power strips, rails, cable management and client equipment reboot.
5) Handles the expedient resolution of all escalations and emergency response requests.
6) Report status through ticketing system, shift reports and email.
7) Maintain accurate records and document all problems including site computerized facility record databases and service order systems.
8) In the event of a telecommunications or network failure, the Operations Technician will assist the NOC in resolution and closure of all troubles and publish findings in the appropriate format.
Requirements and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1) Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2) 2+ years of telecommunications experience with extensive background in cross connect, cage, cabinet, and ladder rack fiber tray circuit installation.
3) Knowledge of data center electrical power generation and distribution, mechanical support equipment, HVAC, UPS, fire detection and suppression, building management and security systems.
4) Knowledgeable of data center, security system and NOC monitoring applications.
5) Proficient with cross connect circuit troubleshooting, network protocols, media and test equipment.
6) Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite applications.
7) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, provides professional and quality customer service, meets commitments in deadline driven environment, acts with integrity and ethics, takes initiative, and adaptable to independent and teamwork setting.
8) Must be a strong technical leader and subject matter expert.
9) Possess the ability and desire to learn and take on additional responsibilities.
The physical demands listed below must be met for the employee to perform essential job functions of the position.
1) Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a prolonged period such as sitting or standing.
2) Must be able to move within the office space, data center, and outdoor areas of the facility when required.
3) Must be able to perform movements such as kneeling, bending, crouching, and use of hands to touch/feel machinery, tools, and equipment.
4) Must be able to operate office machinery and equipment.
5) May be required to occasionally lift or move objects that weigh up to 65 lbs.
Compensation commensurate with skills and experience.
Please complete the following form to apply for this position.