OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN I – SUNNYVALE
Element Critical is seeking an experienced Operations Technician I to join our team in our data center located in Sunnyvale, California.
This position plays a critical role in the team by providing facility and daily operational activities. In this role the Operations Technician I will be reporting to the Site Manager and must have all of the basic operations skills required to operate independently. This position is responsible for supporting customers as well as the upkeep and monitoring of data center infrastructure. They will provide support for installations and respond to customer and data center infrastructure alarms. They will provide high-level customer satisfaction along with timely and accurate support ticket completion. They will ensure that all such work is properly scheduled, in keeping with prescribed periodicities and schedules. They will ensure that all contract work is accomplished under the direct supervision and that all work performed will be done with strict adherence to Element Critical’s method of procedure guidelines and standards.
Element Critical is a well-funded, fast-paced organization that is seeking to make several acquisitions over the next few years and develop into a very strong national player with an eye toward international expansion. Led by a team of savvy and experienced executives with a history of success, this is an opportunity to get involved near the ground level and grow exponentially with a company that is poised to execute.
Element Critical owns and operates data centers in Chicago-Illinois, Vienna-Virginia, Austin-Texas, Houston-Texas, and Sunnyvale-California. Our Tier III hybrid IT-ready facilities are carrier-neutral, network-rich, concurrently maintainable, and available in a variety of deployment sizes and densities. Element Critical cares as much about the people we serve as the servers we house. We offer a data center experience that brings solutions engineering and customer service out of the shadows and into the spotlight.
Element Critical is powered by our people. And we would like to invite you to join us.
LOCATION AND REPORTING
Element Critical is seeking to add an Operations Technician to the operations team in the Company’s Silicon Valley One data center in Sunnyvale, CA at 1360 Kifer Rd, Sunnyvale, CA 94086.
The following represent some of the responsibilities that will be assigned to the Operations Technician:
- Act as subject matter expert for completing service order installation and network circuit troubleshooting.
- Perform installation of cage, cabinets, ladder rack, and fiber tray.
- Perform installation, termination, testing, and labeling of cross-connects including CAT5, COAX, and fiber.
- Perform remote and smart hands services for clients including hardware installation, power strips, rails, cable management and client equipment reboot.
- Handles the expedient resolution of all escalations and emergency response requests.
- Report status through the ticketing system, shift reports and email.
- Maintain accurate records and document all problems including site computerized facility record databases and service order systems.
- In the event of a telecommunications or network failure, the Operations Technician will assist the NOC in the resolution and closure of all troubles and publish findings in the appropriate format.
The physical demands listed below must be met for the employee to perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a prolonged period such as sitting or standing.
- Must be able to move within the office space, data center, and outdoor areas of the facility when required.
- Must be able to perform movements such as kneeling, bending, crouching, and use of hands to touch/feel machinery, tools, and equipment.
- Must be able to operate office machinery and equipment.
- May be required to occasionally lift or move objects that weigh up to 65 lbs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of telecommunications experience with an extensive background in cross-connect, cage, cabinet, and ladder rack fiber tray circuit installation.
- Knowledge of data center electrical power generation and distribution, mechanical support equipment, HVAC, UPS, fire detection and suppression, building management and security systems.
- Knowledgeable of the data center, security system, and NOC monitoring applications.
- Proficient with cross-connect circuit troubleshooting, network protocols, media, and test equipment.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, provides professional and quality customer service, meets commitments in a deadline-driven environment, acts with integrity and ethics, takes initiative, and is adaptable to independent and teamwork settings.
- Must be a strong technical leader and subject matter expert.
- Possess the ability and desire to learn and take on additional responsibilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. Management duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
Please complete the following form to apply for this position.
Email: [email protected]