Element Critical owns and operates data centers in the heart of Silicon Valley in Sunnyvale, California, and Northern Virginia. Our Tier III hybrid IT ready facilities are carrier-neutral, network-rich, concurrently maintainable and available in a variety of deployment sizes and densities. Element Critical cares as much about the people we serve as the servers we house. We offer a data center experience that brings solutions engineering and customer service out of the shadows and into the spotlight.
Element Critical is powered by our people. And we’d like to invite you to join us.
The Director of Acquisitions will be primarily responsible for sourcing new acquisition opportunities and successfully completing multiple transactions annually.
Element Critical is a well-funded, fast paced organization that is seeking to make several acquisitions over the next few years and develop into a very strong national player with an eye towards international expansion. Led by a team of savvy and experienced executives with a history of success, this is an opportunity to get involved near the ground level and grow exponentially with a company that is poised to execute. The successful candidate will possess a strong analytical mind and strong interpersonal skills. You must have strong project management skills and feel comfortable interacting both internally with executive management and across department lines, and externally with property owners, brokers, investment bankers, lenders, investors, joint venture partners and other professional parties on a regular basis.
LOCATION AND REPORTING
The ideal candidate will be based in the Northern Virginia Area and will report to directly to the Chief Executive Officer and/or his designee.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and build consensus regarding acquisition targets.
- Arrange and attend site visits to acquisition targets.
- Develop a robust acquisition pipeline in conjunction with senior management. This involves interaction with brokers, bankers and various channel relationships to capture marketed and non-marketed prospects. Ability to work with financial
- concepts and perform financial analysis including ROI, IRR and discounted cash flow modeling.
- Manage multiple acquisition prospects simultaneously.
- Develop underwriting proformas and investment theses for senior management and the Board. This involves developing and refining financial models in support of business development opportunities (including building valuation models, P&L’s, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow statements) and ensuring that our acquisitions conform with the Company’s strategic and business goals.
- Assist in the drafting and review of acquisition LOI’s, Purchase and Sale Agreements and other purchase related documents.
- Lead/manage the due diligence efforts entailing the coordination of multiple internal and external diligence teams and individuals, ensuring that strict diligence timelines are met.
- Assist in the development of long-term master plans for each of the company’s assets including: expansion potential, capex replacement, financial forecasts (including operating metrics) and alternative energy possibilities.
- Hands on self-starter with demonstrated drive and ambition.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task across projects.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Candidate must be able to manage multiple parties performing various tasks in an effort to complete diligence efforts within tight timeframes.
- Candidates should have five to seven years of relevant work experience, including investment banking and/or direct real estate/private equity investment experience. Data center experience a significant plus.
- Strong writing skills, verbal interpersonal/communication skills, quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting, and independently.
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship.
- Working knowledge of Yardi Voyager and Argus preferred, but not essential