Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provide real estate transactional support to the managing team, attorneys, and clients. Must be detail-oriented, highly motivated and a self-starter. Must have strong communication skills. Must be familiar with and observe the firm’s established policies and guidelines. Must maintain positive contact with attorneys, support staff, clients and vendors. Must observe confidentiality of client and business matters.
This position is not limited to the functions and skills listed on this description and responsibilities may be revised as needed.
LOCATION AND REPORTING:
This person will sit in our Tysons Corner, VA office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ability to interact well with attorneys, staff and clients
- Analyzes existing contract documents to determine the responsibilities and the parties involved.
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing title reports, surveys, zoning certificates and other due diligence documents for acquisition, dispositions and real estate loans, including preparation of title and survey review memoranda;
- Experience reviewing leases and preparing lease abstracts;
- Significant experience with commercial real estate closings and the ability to manage cases from inception to closing, including acting as the real estate transaction specialist responsible for preparing and maintaining closing checklists, preparing closing documents, preparing signature packages, and drafting closing instructions;
- Ability to review loan documents and purchase and sale agreements and prepare critical date summaries and maintain key dates and closing calendars;
- Ability to perform all the necessary follow-up for all post-closing matters, including review of issued title policy, finalizing of closing binders, and managing of transmission of all original documents;
- Experience in drafting closing, conveyancing and loan documents and generating redlines;
- Experience dealing with multi-state transactions;
- Ability to access and search land records;
- Experience with organizational documents, including entity formation, procuring of good standing certificates and similar certifications and preparation of authorizing resolutions;
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Good organizational, writing, and proofreading skills, including a high level of attention to detail; and
- Ability to track and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or three plus years of experience in accounting
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Excellent written, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven customer service experience
- Must be self- directed, detail-oriented, customer-focused, organized, and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years of Accounts Receivable experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
- accounts receivable: 2 years (Preferred)