Element Critical owns and operates data centers in the heart of Silicon Valley in Sunnyvale, California, and Northern Virginia. Our Tier III hybrid IT ready facilities are carrier-neutral, network-rich, concurrently maintainable and available in a variety of deployment sizes and densities. Element Critical cares as much about the people we serve as the servers we house. We offer a data center experience that brings solutions engineering and customer service out of the shadows and into the spotlight.
Element Critical is powered by our people. And we’d like to invite you to join us.
The Senior Account Executive will be primarily responsible for managing assigned existing accounts to ensure a positive customer experience as well as acquiring new customers to grow revenue.
Element Critical is a well-funded, fast paced organization that is seeking to make several acquisitions over the next few years and develop into a very strong national player with an eye towards international expansion. Led by a team of savvy and experienced executives with a history of success, this is an opportunity to get involved near the ground level and grow exponentially with a company that is poised to execute. The successful candidate will possess a strong analytical mind and strong interpersonal skills. You must have strong consultative sales skills and feel comfortable interacting both internally with executive management and across department lines, and externally with partners.
LOCATION AND REPORTING
The ideal candidate will be based in the Northern Virginia/D.C. Metro-area and will report to directly to the Regional Vice President and/or his designee.
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for targeting opportunities with customers and expanding the current customer relationships assigned to the rep’s account territory. We expect that you will contribute to the evolution and growth of the company, be able to demonstrate specific skills, comprehend the role’s expectations, build work plans and account development mechanics that focus on the customer and value creation for the business. The ultimate measures for this position include accelerating territory and revenue growth. Specifically, tasks include:
- Develop a sales territory and account plans
- Grow revenue through sales production and new account development
- Identify new customer targets and develop long-term account relationships throughout the customer’s organization
- Be accountable, accurate and timely with reporting related to forecasting and deal execution
- Responsible for developing your professional business and sales development – sales skills, product competencies and industry trends
- Be able to communicate expert opinions on behalf of company products and offer possible solutions to meet the needs as described by customers
- Collaborate effectively with technical staff to accelerate and close deals
- College degree
- 5+ years selling in the data center or technology space.
- Candidate must have experience prospecting and identifying new customers.
- Hands-on self-starter with demonstrated drive and ambition.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task across projects.
- Strong writing skills, verbal interpersonal/communication skills.
- Ability to function in both a team-oriented setting and independently.
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship.